I'm a superhero who burns people with cigarette butts. I only burn people who are already having a bad day so they can blame me for it, that's why I'm a hero. When I am done burning people I sit down and I cross my legs and I wink, sometimes I eat a cookie. When I stay home the world gets cranky. I have a nemesis. His name is Hank. Read all about me! Cigarette Burn Girl!

Monday, March 26, 2007

Some Poems About Wounds

Wound Explanation #2


The octopus in the park was different.

It was pink as a sucked thumb

And it was no good.


In the park the octopus was inevitable.

It stretched out and gave up.

I tapped its shoulder, I called its name.

I screamed “ugly” and it was still.


I was also no good.

But the octopus in the park was different.

I dropped my book on its back and left it

There forever.

No comments: