I'm a superhero who burns people with cigarette butts. I only burn people who are already having a bad day so they can blame me for it, that's why I'm a hero. When I am done burning people I sit down and I cross my legs and I wink, sometimes I eat a cookie. When I stay home the world gets cranky. I have a nemesis. His name is Hank. Read all about me! Cigarette Burn Girl!

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Jacob

Dear Cigarette Burn Girl,
I am not embarrassed about the holes in my shirt or the round scars on my face. You have taken care of my real humiliation. The part of me that worries constantly about going to the bathroom in public. The images of my mother playing with my hamster until it died. The moment when everyone but me decided to go roller blading. The time I wore a neckbrace to the grocery store and someone said, "would you like this in your cart?" and it was a vegetable. The time I called my ex-girlfriend crying and it turned out her number belonged to a bakery. When I blew out my speakers, broke a lamp, sat on a three legged chair, played the wrong keys on the piano, ate a jalapeno peper and pissed myself at thanksgiving. When a letter came in the mail and it said "You've been denied." When I realized I couldn't picture my own face even when I was looking in the mirror.
Now all I see are the holes.
Thank you from the bottom of my heart,
Jacob

No comments: