I'm a superhero who burns people with cigarette butts. I only burn people who are already having a bad day so they can blame me for it, that's why I'm a hero. When I am done burning people I sit down and I cross my legs and I wink, sometimes I eat a cookie. When I stay home the world gets cranky. I have a nemesis. His name is Hank. Read all about me! Cigarette Burn Girl!

Monday, August 9, 2010

Mr. Flup

Hank's sidekick works at a furniture store on the side. The three other workers have names like "John" and "Chris" and "Liz". They stand in the corner goofing off and juggling decorative paperweights while making fun of their boss, Inga. Hank's sidekick doesn't wear a name tag, but Inga tells me he goes by "Mr. Flup." I saw him walking around and meticulously straightening pillows and arranging throw blankets. He seemed like he was always in a hurry. He kept his cape stuffed in his pocket. The wood parts of the floor were so slippery from him mopping them that he had to tiptoe across the room to the other workers. "Don't you people know I have lives to save?" I heard him say to Liz. "Cigarette Burn Girl is roaming the streets as we speak!"In fact, I was right outside. I felt a mixture of jealousy and pride when I heard him. On one hand, it is always nice to be considered a threat. On the other hand, wasn't I enough for Hank? Did he really need a sidekick to fill up his time outside of his office job? Sometimes I have dreams that Hank would take my hand in his big plastic paw and dance with me next to his filing cabinet. Sometimes I dream Mr. Flup will roll onto his back like a roly poly and never be able to get up. But I have to focus. These are the people I need to overcome. Cigarette Burn Girl will not be stopped!

No comments: