I'm a superhero who burns people with cigarette butts. I only burn people who are already having a bad day so they can blame me for it, that's why I'm a hero. When I am done burning people I sit down and I cross my legs and I wink, sometimes I eat a cookie. When I stay home the world gets cranky. I have a nemesis. His name is Hank. Read all about me! Cigarette Burn Girl!

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Clues

Despite my failure to retrieve any information at Hush, I still had one clue left to go on- the address on the driver's license. I parked a block away and stupidly left my car underneath a weeping willow. The house was a mint green color that reminded me of dirty toothpaste around my bathroom sink. There was a "For Sale" sign planted crookedly in the front yard and the house was completely bare. Dead end, I thought, but reached for the doorknob anyway. I'm not the type of girl to let something like a lock stand in my way, nor am I the type to be able to pick a lock, but I am the type to break a window. When I walked in the front door, a small package sat glaring at me in the foyer, wrapped in snowman paper. I tore the paper off and saw the partially revealed cover of Hank's favorite self-help book, titled No You Can't, a guide for punishing one's self. I am not the type of girl to believe in coincidences. On the inside of the cover I found a note from the author:

Victor,
A neverending bad day for you.
Shelly Vonavier

1 comment:

Roger said...

this is getting heated!