I'm a superhero who burns people with cigarette butts. I only burn people who are already having a bad day so they can blame me for it, that's why I'm a hero. When I am done burning people I sit down and I cross my legs and I wink, sometimes I eat a cookie. When I stay home the world gets cranky. I have a nemesis. His name is Hank. Read all about me! Cigarette Burn Girl!

Friday, February 11, 2011

Places

Dear Cigarette Burn Girl,

Are there places in you like a beehive that throb and buzz?
I can feel the insects trying to escape me
Like a horse trying to swim
My heart twists like an oreo
Are there places in you like a pair of lungs that shrink and expand?
I can feel my breath trying to escape me
Like a turtle trying to flip
My heart sinks like a bathtub toy
Are there places in you like a robot that jerk and twitch?
I can feel the ghost trying to enter me
Like pushing a stroller up a hill
My heart breaks like a kit-kat bar
Are there places in you that hurt like a small funeral?
I can feel my love trying to scream out
Like a baby falling out of its crib
My heart tears like a piece of aluminum foil
Where are you?

Love,
Olivia